Register your eFoil!

In California, in order to operate your eFoil legally in most areas, you will need to register your Vessel with the DMV. Here is the specific wording from the DMV regarding Registration:

What Vessels Must be Registered?

Generally, every sail-powered vessel over eight feet in length and every motor-driven vessel (regardless of length) that is not documented by the U.S. Coast Guard which is used or on the waters of this state are subject to registration by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The vessel must be located in California.

How Do I Register My Vessel?

The documents required to register and title a new vessel or a vessel being registered for the first time are:

  • Application for Vessel Certificate of Number (BOAT 101).
  • Proof of ownership, such as the out-of-state title in the applicant’s name or properly endorsed for transfer and signed by the applicant. A bill of sale is acceptable in lieu of the seller’s signature on the title.

If you do not live in California, you will have to contact your state’s DMV for information about registration.